Bachmann DD40AX N Scale Sound installation Package *
What a great loco from Bachmann Trains!
We have had many requests to install sound in the new Bachmann Dual motor DD40AX. The loco is a real upgrade from the older version. The shell is retooled and the paint and lettering first rate. The internals of the loco are impressive also. The loco is equipped with 2 fully enclosed can motors and performs extremely well. Electrical pickup is perfect for sound installation.
The only issue is the speaker area not being deep enough for a good sized speaker. Not a problem however, we just mill the frame a bit to allow clearance.
So if you have one of these locos and would like a professional sound and custom lighting installation we are your choice.
DCC Sound installation:
TopHobbyTrains sound package is not a simple decoder installation. We take the time to really use all the features of the LokSound decoder. During our installation process we will completely rewire the locomotive, provide individual DCC control for the number boards, cab light and roof strobe. We load a custom decoder project to the decoder and then test the loco on our layout. TopHobbyTrains even retints the factory LEDs to a more realistic color temperature.
If you are a fan of the DD40's this is the DCC sound package for you.
Here is what we do step by step:
- Dissemble loco
- Remove stock decoder and modify stock circuit board
- Mill Frame to accept LokSound Speaker
- Hard wire LokSound Micro decoder
- Install LokSound speaker in fuel tank
- Custom wire roof strobe (dcc controlled)
- Custom tint and wire nose headlight and rear light (DCC controlled directional)
- Custom wire number board light (DCC controlled)
- Load custom programming and sound project to decoder with 645E Turbo and Nathan K5 horn
Each loco is tested for all functions and operation running for ward and back over turnout and hills
TopHobbyTrains Bachmann N Scale Sound Package with LokSound Micro
* Loco purchased separately
Click here for Shipping information to TopHobbyTrains: